It hits you. You’re devastated and knocked off of your square. You don’t know where to go, and you don’t know your next move. All of us encounter moments that unexpectedly stop us in our tracks. Some bend, most fold and very few push through.
Always think about your main source of motivation. What is your why?
No matter what life throws at you keep moving forward and build a resilience to continue to overcome life’s obstacles.
Ty’s Five Steps of Resiliency:
1. Awareness of Your Surroundings: If you know what or who is around you; you can better prepare yourself for what is next. People that are aware of their surroundings often know how to properly control their environment. It is crippling when those closest to you are not supportive or try to combat the direction you are moving when you’ve made a decision for the better. No matter what you have to keep moving forward. It could be your boss, spouse, friends, etc. For example, you may have a negative work environment, but if you keep yourself aware then you can process, and know the outcome.
2. Understanding Calculated Losses: In life; you’re going to lose, but that does not make you a loser. If you never give up; you can never fail. On my entrepreneurial journey I have learned how to take losses. In fact, my biggest losses lead to my biggest wins. Every time I lost I also learned. Whether you are starting a new business or looking to get a job; there will always be a “no” involved. You must set yourself up with multiple opportunities. If there is one job that you want; apply to at least ten, and set yourself up for success. In this world there is no fail if you do not give in.
3. Confidence in Self: Taking risks is apart of life. No one has ever had a win worth telling without putting themselves on the front line in order to gain rewards. At times; you may have no one to talk to or listen to, so you are left with yourself. In these moments you have to believe in yourself and your decisions no matter what. You have to know that this is not a perfect world. At times, “shit shows” are present and most days fog clouds your visibility. Just know, lessons are preparations for blessings. You can have anything you want out of this world once you make the decision that you are not going to leave this earth without it. There will always be a fight.
4. Tough Skin: Every day, in life we are attacked either verbally, spiritually, emotionally or mentally. At times; these attacks may throw you off your square, but you have to make a decision for yourself to stand up and stand firm. It is crucial to make sure that your circle is building you up and not tearing you down. When you have a strong circle; you are virtually untouchable. These days, it’s easy to be offended by others because very few have tough skin, and do not take criticism well. I am a fan of criticism; both constructive and nonconstructive. You must protect your armor; meaning those that surround you should understand the value that you bring to the table. If this is the case; they will respect your decisions and your direction. These individuals will also make sure that you shine. If this support is not occurring; you may need to reevaluate members of your committee. At times; when I had no one to talk to I would talk to God and myself. I write out my goals and ways to achieve them as well as potential consequences that may arise.
5. Closed Ears: No matter what choices you make for yourself there will be outside sources that will have something to say. This experience can become exhausting and overwhelming. The best move is to close your ears and take steps forward with the decisions you make for yourself. I lived most of my life with open ears, and nothing changed until I closed them. This act will make a lot of people furious, and possibly even hateful towards you, but hey…it’s your life; not theirs. Words are just that; words, and nothing more. As long as your armor is shining; negativity will bounce off. Whether you are fighting for your freedom, success or just a simple decision the opinions of others do not matter. If you can look at yourself in the mirror, and smile, you are golden. We live in a loud world, so you have to maintain your focus with closed ears.
Thanks for reading,